cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrehawari Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Solution: Changing datasource from Import to Direct Query -> SUCCESS

I got the same problem as well.  How to we delete DATA Model and Copy data mashup while the file already renamed as .zip?

Honey Member

Hi @odegarun,
Thank you for providing these steps.
I am facing issue after 9 step that is when I am trying to get data, all my table/views are getting new name and are not getting replaced by previous fields set available.
All new set of fields is created with new name.
Kindly suggest how to replace existing set of views which is already available.
odegarun Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Getting some questions on the steps involved.

To be clear:

When I say DELETE/COPY I mean that you shall navigate INTO the .zip file (.pbix file renamed to extension .zip) with a suitable tool for the job. Also, I have found that Total Commander works nicely for this and that the buildt-in windows compression support does not play nice with the file, rendering it unusable when it is renamed back to .pbix and attemting to open it in powerBi desktop...

So; rename .pbix file to .zip extension, navigate into the file deleting and copying files as described below.

Works for me :-)

Highlighted

Hi @odegarun,

Thank you for sharing this. I tried this in my pbix file. But it seems I have to create all measures. but for Dimensions also it is not showing anything. My guess is because when I had created pbix file with 'Import' option, that time the table names were 'T2' and 'T3'

for 'v_scrm_loa' and 'LOA_measures' respectively and after that they got changed so I had used Navigaton option instead of creating new reports and navigated those tables to new table names respectively. So now when I am applying the above steps to switch from 'import' to 'Live' it is not recognizing all fields as previoulsy all fields were like T2[field]/T3[field] not it became v_scrm_loa[field] and v_LOA_measure[Field]. Is there any way so I can atleast recover all fields. I will create measures but can I cover all fields (Dimension) again?

Thanks!

Regards,

Poonam

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
GregDeckler

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, explains

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 924 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: