Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Snowflake datasource import via sql code

Hello Power BI Community,

I am trying to import data into Power BI from a Snowflake database.

I am not able to provide my SQL statements to fetch the required data . Whereas for SQL Server datasource , we have an option to provide the sql statements using import-> advanced.  Any solutions where I can run the sql query on the snowflake datasource to get the data?

Thanks !

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your requirements, you can refer to the following blog.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1619492000623.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-henryk-mstf ,

Thanks for your comments, I am currently looking to write a query on the Snow flake data source. I think PowerBI doesn't that feature yet. We are not okay to have the Virtual server/ modify the Snowflake settings. If there any other way we could achieve this , It would be great. 

Please find the screenshot attached for reference.

Muralimurugaian_0-1619494883786.png

I am expecting some thing like this on Snowflake, we can write custom scripts to get the required data from table, instead of doing any transformations on PowerBI.  Please let me know if you need any further info. on this. 

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, this function is not supported for the latest version of Powerbi Desktop. I think for Snowflake datasource, we can write custom scripts to get the required data from table. This kind of idea is great, you can post your idea here: Ideas - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hope to realize this function in PowerBI Desktop as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , What I have checked in past this option was not there for snowflake.

You can log an idea -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.