cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheehrt
Frequent Visitor

Snowflake Connector - Group By Native Query

Hi all,

I'm attempting to connect to a snowflake database and use the SQL statement option under advance options to pull back some specific data, when I do I'm receiving the error "Native queries aren't supported by this value."   The SQL I'm attempting to use runs fine against the snowflake database directly but through power BI I'm having issues.

After a bit of experimentation I've narrowed the issue down to the group by clause statement at the end of my SQL, without the group by I can pull data back however there is simply too much data to pull into power BI thus why I'm using a group by.  does anyone know a way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sheehrt
Frequent Visitor

I resolved my issue, it was not the group by but instead the semi-colon that snowflake had added to the end of the statement which power bi did not agree with.  After removing the semi-colon the sql worked as expected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sheehrt
Frequent Visitor

I resolved my issue, it was not the group by but instead the semi-colon that snowflake had added to the end of the statement which power bi did not agree with.  After removing the semi-colon the sql worked as expected.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!