Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Snap objects to grid different spaces between reports

Hi guys,

I'm having a weird problem. I made a report some time ago which had "snap to grip" enabled. In the report I aligned objects with "half" a space apart.

In this new report I'm creating, I have the same option ticked, but it forces me to align objects on "full" spaces apart. When I copy the visual from the full space report to the half space report, I can also align it half a space. So there must be something about the report, not just the visual.

Object aligned "half" a space on the left and top of the page (grey area)

Knipsel.PNG

Object aligned a "full" space on the right and bottom of the page (grey area)

Knipsel2.PNG

Does anyone else experience this problem? How can I fix it so that I can also align half spaces on every new report I create? I'd rather not copy the other report and delete everything just to get the half space alignment working.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are both your tables the same size? From what i can tell the "Space" varies depending on the size of the canvas. 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are both your tables the same size? From what i can tell the "Space" varies depending on the size of the canvas. 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tex628 Thanks for your message. Both reports are using the same settings for size:
Type: 16:9
Width (greyed out): 1280 pixels
Height (greyed out): 720 pixels

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Take your old report, make a new page and turn on gridlines. Compare the grid on your old report with the one on the new.
Is the grid of a different size on the old report or does it actually snap to half a space accoring to the grid? 

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

The gridlines are the same. Visuals actually snap to half the gridlines in my old report. What's even stranger is that I turned on gridlines in my old report, then saved it, closed it, opened it up again, and it too then forced me to use full spaces.

I did the same with my new report and now that's fixed...

This is all very strange, but at least it works now. I think it has indeed something to do with the size of the canvas, but not in terms of page size, but the size of the actual Power BI window. When I maximize my window (I have a 1920x1080 monitor), it does the half spaces. When I make my window smaller, it does the full spaces.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm happy it worked out! Resizing the window resizes the grid for me but it still wont let me snap anything to half a space! Sometimes things are just strange 🙂

Br,

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.