Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

SmartFilterBySQLBI

Hi,

Can someone assist with an issue I am having with the 'SmartFilterBySQLBI' visual?

Using the visual works however I want to limit the amount of options which are conveyed to the user from the dropdown list. On selecting a number of my choice for the dropdown list, as well as limiting the user to selecting a certain amount of things from the dropdown list, nothing changes.

The default is 10 on the dropdown list and 'auto' on selectable.

I have changed the parameters to dropdown = 7 and the selectable = 7.

After this I would go back to my visual within the report and test the changes, but nothing has happened. The visual still conveys a high number from dropdown list and selectable amounts do not work either. This is by far the most laggiest visual I have worked with within Power BI. It's slow, non-responsive at times and quite frankly very limiting. I like the idea of engaging the user to enter data into the search bar or using the dropdown list but it doesn't even work?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AtikurRahman,

There is no other method unless we restrict rows of the column to 7 in data source.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AtikurRahman,

Based on my test, when I set the Max dropdown rows to 7, it doesn’t work as expected. However, when I set max selectable items to 2, I cannot select more than 2 items in the 'SmartFilterBySQLBI' visual, please check this link to get more details about how the “max selectable items” option works.

In addition, as the  'SmartFilterBySQLBI'  visual is published by third-party organization, regarding to the Max dropdown rows issue in it, please directly contact the author. In this link, you can send an email to the author by clicking “Contact Author”.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Is ther any way in which we can apply a logic in which the visual will always only dropdown/select 7?

If so, then I could work with that for the time being.

Thanks,

Atikur

Hi @AtikurRahman,

There is no other method unless we restrict rows of the column to 7 in data source.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft,

Likewise I can also only manage to work the 'max selectable items' however the desired amount for the dropdown list does not work.

Thanks for providing the resources for more information on this and I will surely contact the Author for this visual with feedback.

Atikur

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.