Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msftrien
Employee
Employee

Small multiples feedback thread

Hi all,

This month marks the release of the public preview version of small multiples! We're excited for you to try it out, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions on the feature. 

If you haven't already, check out the blog post here to learn more about how to use small multiples and what we have planned for the feature. Then let us know here or via this survey what you think of the feature! 

- the Power BI small multiples squad

56 REPLIES 56

You need to enable the Preview option - instuctions can be found here: Announcing Small Multiples (preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

vmakhija
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Certainly need the async y-axis scales for each of small multiples. For eg, my region USA might have revenue in millions and another region like Bangladesh might have it in higher thousands, but I want to compare the individuals in Bangladesh region side by side. In today's case, all the values for Bangladesh will look tiny. Hope you got my point.

acknowledged, thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely agree. Without having different dyamic y-axis this feature isn't overly useful (but would be very powerful with it).

coleburdette
Frequent Visitor

Is mobile currently supported? I didn't see anything mentioned on the link. But a report I'm using just continuously tries to load. 

we don't have full responsive support for small multiples, but mobile is supported in the sense that small multiples should still render... so if it's not working, it sounds like a bug -- feel free to file one (or email me with a pbix and repro: rien at microsoft) 

KristianA
Advocate II
Advocate II

Not sure if this is just a bug, but I added small multiples with different values in different orders of magniture.  Some are just decimal points, while others are in the tens of thousands. The Y axis seems to scale based on the highest value that exists in the column, and this Y-Axis distribution and start/end gets applied to all small multiplies regardless of their values.

So I have several breakdowns where you can barely see a line/bar, because it plots values between 0,01 and 0,70 on a Y-Axis that starts at 0 and goes to 30,000. It works fine when I change the "Scale Type" under the Y-Axis from Linear to Log, but that doesn't really meet the requirements.

It would be nice with a toggle or something that would allow us to switch Y-Axis scaling between "apply equally" and "apply per level", or even customize each of them.

If I'm missing something, please let me know! 

I get the asynchonous Y-axis...  but is this mixing up a 'grid container' of several different charts vs. trellis of charts?  The idea of synchronous Y-axis is to show the trellis dimension on the same order of magnitude for direct comparison.. so it shows region A is larger as a whole from Region B.   no?

james

this isn't a bug -- and unsynchronized y axis ranges are definitely on the roadmap! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?

Ok, thank you for the roadmap feature. Any clue on when should we expect it? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months? 1 year? 🙂

Thank you in advanced and regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, should read to the bottom of the documentation before starting to play! Found the Grid Layout option.

I actually traveled back in time and got the team to add that in just for you! Don't tell anyone 😉

As for KPIs/Cards -- noted, thanks for the feedback!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks great so far, would it be possible in the future to have a grid larger than 2 x 2? Maybe defined in the formatting? Also maybe extended to KPI's and Cards would be create.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

ooh that looks very exciting!  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors