Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slow DAX measure

Hi Experts

I have the following measure which works out the p value and tau value for each row in my fact table which has 250000 row in it..

Both the p value and tau value are measures themselves is there any way I could speed up my run time which is current 2 minutes PBI Services and 42 sec desktop.

Downward =CALCULATE ( COUNTA ( 'PMS_COMPLAINT'[MATERIAL_ID] ),FILTER (ALLSELECTED ('PMS_FINANCIAL_PDS'[ROLL12_COMPLETE_PDS_IND] ), MAX('_Measures'[p-value])<=0.05 && 'PMS_FINANCIAL_PDS'[TAU 1] < 0)) +0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

your code could look something like this

Downward =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTA ( 'PMS_COMPLAINT'[MATERIAL_ID] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( 'PMS_FINANCIAL_PDS' ), MAX ( [p-value] ) <= 0.05 && [TAU 1] < 0 )
) + 0

But, are '_Measures'[p-value] a variable in this measure? It is not part of the code you posted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @Anonymous ,

Just had a look at your measure.

Are '_Measures[p-value] and 'PMS_FINANCIAL_PDS'[TAU 1] measures? It is considered best practise to reference measures without prefixing with table-names, it makes it easier to read and understand code.

Are you sure the ALLSELECTED-function is necessary? It is a tricky function: The definitive guide to ALLSELECTED

What do you want to achieve with ALLSELECT? Could it be replaced with ALL or ALLEXCEPT?

Cheers,
Sturla

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sturla
Are '_Measures[p-value] and 'PMS_FINANCIAL_PDS'[TAU 1] measures? YES
NOT SURE ON second part of question I'll try..

Also you mention It is considered best practise to reference measures without prefixing with table-names, it makes it easier to read and understand code. Do you have an example..what declare this as a variable

your code could look something like this

Downward =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTA ( 'PMS_COMPLAINT'[MATERIAL_ID] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( 'PMS_FINANCIAL_PDS' ), MAX ( [p-value] ) <= 0.05 && [TAU 1] < 0 )
) + 0

But, are '_Measures'[p-value] a variable in this measure? It is not part of the code you posted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Miss read your question Yes they both are variables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.