Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slider Slicer change to checkbox in date hierarchy.

Dear All, I have the following issue:

In my report there is a date column which is working as a slicer exactly as expected when i put the date column itself into the slicer.

ghunderassi_2-1676365025255.png

But as soon as i put date hierarchy it changes back to checkboxes and i am not able to choose between option and change back to slicer.

ghunderassi_1-1676364986211.png

Ultimately what i would like to achive is to have a slicer which shows YYYY \Qq exactly like :

ghunderassi_3-1676365132790.png

I have tried everything transform the data every possible way, but couldnt manage to have it. I started to wondering if is this because of the hungarian version or something else im missing. Thank you very much in advance for all your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again, and yes it make sense. So do you have any idea how could we make Q-s to numbers or dates so we can have the slider? Or do you think its impossible? maybe a workaround missing Q from the date format just like 2017 1 or something? Because i tried all possible ways and couldnt work out yet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The between slicer needs for you to have continuous values, being dates or numbers, in this case when you are using the Quarters or months you don't have continuous values since it's using text so this is not possíble to do using the slicer.

Maybe you can use a custom slicer from the store.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast response ! Are you saying the date hierarchy is stored as text and not as date? To add this to the story i didnt create the date hierarchy it was created automaticly from the  date column"Attribute" and in English its YEAR- Quarter- Month - Day if this is a text only. Is there any way i can make this date? Also why i am thinking this is a date because if i remove everything leave only the Year it works as a slider. :

ghunderassi_0-1676369559522.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm not saying that the hierarchy is stored has text, some of the informations from the hierarchy are text so you cannot have the continuous values when you select those specific ones for example month name.

When you select the year since it's a number you get the between. check the image below:

MFelix_0-1676379690654.png

You can check that altough the values come from the hierarchy I can make the between only for the year and the day.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again, and yes it make sense. So do you have any idea how could we make Q-s to numbers or dates so we can have the slider? Or do you think its impossible? maybe a workaround missing Q from the date format just like 2017 1 or something? Because i tried all possible ways and couldnt work out yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.