Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cnschulz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicing sample data

Hi there, 

Ive gort an interesting problem that has made my brain hurt:

We have a data source that contains thousands of samples per week at sites however each site is samples on anywhere between 50-200 different data points (not every site is measured for the same readings).

We have ONE input table that essentially includes

DATE, SITE, SAMPLECODE, READING, UNITS

We need to be able to select two SAMPLECODES and a time interval and plot a point for each samplecode pair.

How can I make a "filter" that allows me to select the SAMPLECODES to use for the X and for the Y axis dymanically?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cnschulz ,

I am sorry that I could not understand your requirement clearly, Could you please provide more details about it, kindly share your sample data and expected result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understood correctly, you want to create 2 slicers from SAMPLECODE and show values based on them . In that case, you can create duplicate column for SAMPLECODE and use them in different slicer.

If that's not what you are after, please share sample data and some expected output.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Do Mark it as solution if the response resolved your problem. Do like the response if it seems good and helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.