Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arnesbeganovic

Slices /filter filtering

Hi,

I am trying to generate a page with multiple filters/slices in it. THey are all comming from CUBE and it is live connection to it. Dimension tables are connected via Fact tables. So now, I need to show slicers from different dimensions and it works well. It filters main table based on selected slicers/filter, but problem I face is that slicers/filters are not filtered itselfs. They show all unique values all time.

I would like, for example, when user selects Europe as Business area, it shows Countries in next filter which are only in Europe. Right now, it shows all. Yes, main table is filtered and shows only Europe numbers, and if I select Norway it shows only Norway numbers, but user can select Islamabad as well and because it is not in Europe table is empty.

How can I filter slicers/filters? Is there a visual which does this. Let me remind that data is not hierarchical all the time. Yes, Contintet=>COuntry=>City are hierarchical but Product is not. It shows all products. I would like to show (in filter/slicer Products) only those products that were sold in Norway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FarhanAhmed1984
Resolver III
Resolver III

Click on Filter Visual

Click on Format

Click on Edit Interaction

Set each Visual to filter (you will see two new icons on each visual funnel for Filter and one for No Impact.

repeat this step by click on on visuals on which you want to dependant filters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FarhanAhmed1984
Resolver III
Resolver III

Click on Filter Visual

Click on Format

Click on Edit Interaction

Set each Visual to filter (you will see two new icons on each visual funnel for Filter and one for No Impact.

repeat this step by click on on visuals on which you want to dependant filters.

Thanks. It works 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.