Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Slicers wrong type after publish

Hi guys,

Ever experienced the slicers is wrong after it is published. I'm facing this issue now whereby in Power BI desktop has set the slicer to be Dropdown. It is correct for a couple of days, but now suddenly it is changed to List. I tried to Edit directly in PowerBI.com, changed back to dropdown and Save, switch to Reading view, the slicer goes back to list.

From my original PBIX, I open again from Power BI desktop, and publish again (the slicer still as dropdown as I wanted), but after suceeded re-publish, still in PowerBI.com viewed as List.

Is this a bug ?

6 REPLIES 6
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior 

Is your problem solved? If you have solved it, could you share your solution? 

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior 

You can refer this issue Slicer automatically changes type from Dropdown to List. Maybe it can help you.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Are you looking at the report in the workspace or an app? If you're looking at it in an app, you'll need to update the app after republishing for the visual changes to flow through (dataset updates don't need this extra step but it does matter for changes to report elements).

Hi @AlexisOlson 

It is in the workspace. Sorry overlook  your reply.

Thanks

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Do you have any bookmarks on the report that might be swapping the visual back to list?

Hi,

No bookmark on this report. Even though I used to playing with bookmark, but I'm certain even if I have bookmark, I update it correctly with the correct visual. Also this slicer from the beginning is dropdown, I dunno why it is keep changing to List for now, just happen today, while this report has been  published (and re-published) more than 1 month actually.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.