Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

palpeti21
Frequent Visitor

Slicers for selection criteria - count number of occurences and retreive dates for max and min value

Dear All,

I’m seeking help in the following topic.

I have a snapshot-type data table where I list customer credit limits and utilization level by month-end. For 2021-Jan-31 I list about 1,000 customer lines. For 2021-Feb-28 I list about 1,000 customer lines, and so on.

For each line in the table I store the date (this is always a month-end), customer number, credit limit amount in USD and utilization amount in USD.

I have been asked to list all the customers with credit limit above $10k who REGULARLY reach or exceed 80% of their credit limit (utilization >= credit limit * 0.8), then count the number or such occurrences (eg. 3: once in Jan, once in Apr and once in Aug) and list the corresponding date to the minimum and maximum credit limit and utilization levels.

I am able to do this with the help of introducing a calculated column in the table and do the remaining calculations using that column. What I’m trying to do is do this solution without calculated columns and offer the user a slicer where they can adjust the credit limit threshold and utilization limit (five or six choices each) so they can adjust the selection criteria accordingly.

What would be the best approach to follow?

Many thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, no, that is not what I meant.
I actually found this same exact problem in described in excercise 05.55 in Mastering DAX Exercises, by Marco Russo / Alberto Ferrari. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @palpeti21 

It's not clear what you need.

Perhaps you could consider using the what-if parameter to adjust credit thresholds and utilisation limits.

Please refer to this document.

desktop-what-if#using-a-what-if-parameter 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks, no, that is not what I meant.
I actually found this same exact problem in described in excercise 05.55 in Mastering DAX Exercises, by Marco Russo / Alberto Ferrari. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.