Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

topazz11
Helper III
Helper III

Slicers change/interactions

Hello,

How can I make the current and prior date filtered by item selection (apple or grape).

I expect to see the slicers (current, prior) to be changed based on the item selection.  

q1.JPG

here is example pbix file:

PBIX 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@topazz11 ,

Check the file at -https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w80tpj37wkiiz1/Q1.pbix?dl=0

Look at visual level filters and measure used in those and inactive relations.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@topazz11 ,

Check the file at -https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w80tpj37wkiiz1/Q1.pbix?dl=0

Look at visual level filters and measure used in those and inactive relations.

Hi @topazz11 ,

The file that amitchandak created should work like a charm. I add a blog and a document where you could learn more about active relationship , inactive relationship and how to use them.

UseRelationship or Role-Playing Dimension; Dealing with Inactive Relationships in Power BI 

Active vs inactive relationship guidance 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@topazz11, How does the selection of dimension impact date? Try to use time intelligence along Date calendar for standard current prior

MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))
last MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH)))
QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(('Date'[Date])))

Last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER)))
YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
This Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD((ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date])),"12/31"))

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
VijayP
Super User
Super User

I could not understand your question. Can you please elaborate? Why You wanted to see the slicers in that why, what should be the outcome

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.