cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gojo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Slicers based on dimensions filtering other dimensions

Hi,

I have two excel files (my two fact tables) as a source with common columns.

I've append these two fact tables and created dimensions based on these appends, selecting the columns that I wanted and removing the duplicates and then connecting to my two fact tables.

If I filter the information in the slicers, it filters correctly the two fact tables but it is not filtering between the dimensions (which I understand because there are not relationship between the dimensions and I cannot cross filter)

So how is to make it possible filter the two fact tables and and also the dimensions filtering each other? What I need to change in my data model?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Slicers based on dimensions filtering other dimensions

Hi @gojo ,

Changing the direction of the relationship between tables from single to both should work.If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gojo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slicers based on dimensions filtering other dimensions

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately I can't share the data since it's confidential, but I have a picture of the model that might help. 

Example1_PBIForum.png

As you can see, the dimensions (that are also my slicers) are connected to my fact tables. But If I put 'Both' in cross filter direction I get:

Example2_PBIForum.png

Does it mean that I need to change my model?

Thanks!

Regards,

gojo