Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicers Overriding while toggle between visuals

Hi, community,

I have an issue with Slicers - I have visuals in two different Pages.

Page 1 has a set of Visuals and a Toggle button that will send me to another set of visuals with Page 1 itself. The slicer on page 1 is coming from Table 1. Now I have another slicer on page 2 coming from a diff table that I need to carry forward to visuals across page 1. I have created relationships across these two tables and only enabling the sync not making it visible across these pages.

Now the issue is - as soon as I sync the slicer on page 2 with page 1. The slicer on page 1 is working fine However when I toggle to another set of visuals on page 1 the slicer on page 2 appears on top of the slicer on page 1. When I remove it the sync is disabled. Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks,

VikashCapture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds as though you're using bookmarks to show/hide visuals with the toggle button. 

Hopefully the fix is pretty simple. After you have toggled and the "Page 2" slicer appears, hide this slicer again before updating the relevant bookmark.

Thanks,

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

I am using the same slicers between the toggle between two diff viz in the same page. Nothin happens when I hide the filters. would you be able to provide a step by step approach ? Thanks.

Vikash

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , Have you tried to update the bookmark you have created for Toggle ?? Try with it either you can update your bookmark for all visuals on page 1 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Syncing slicers creates a copy of a slicer across pages, so I suspect what is happening is that when you use your toggle button, your "Table 2" slicer is being unhidden. You should be able to check this by opening your "Selection" pane. (View -> Selection).

Rather than deleting this slicer, click the little icon that looks like an eye in the selection pane. After you have done this, update your bookmark that relates to your second set of Page 1 visuals.

Show PanesShow Panes

Slicer VisibleSlicer Visible

Slicer HiddenSlicer Hidden

Update BookmarkUpdate Bookmark

Hopefully this clears things up.

Thanks,

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I tried the steps you mentioned - they work to some extent. However when I refresh the page and test it again with the toggle they again appear and are no longer hidden. I am sure I've updated the bookmarks for two viz within the toggle.  Any idea why is that happening? 

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

Vikash

HI @Anonymous,

What version of power bi desktop are you test? Can you please share a sample pbix file to test? It will help with troubleshooting. (you can upload to onedrive or google drive and paste the link here)

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

I've been using "Version: 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019)". I tried to download the latest version of February(I suppose) but unfortunately, the update was not available to my region (India) I believe.

I am sorry that I can't share the file with you because of privacy issues. But to reproduce this issue on your end - all you have to do is create two slicers of the same column coming from two diff tables Then put them in two diff pages and sync the slicers across these two pages. Please let me know how this works for you.

Thank you,

Vikash

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.