Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicers Not Working Correctly

I have a simple model. Sales and calendar tables. The calendar table was created using calendar auto and marked as the date table. Whenver I select a specific row in the table for the year 2021, the year slicer still shows every week for the year. data does not exist for them yet. I tried a single and bi-directional relationship. Is this a bug?

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example? 

Can you share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question?

Best Regards,

Yuna

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try using "Power Slicer" from Marketplace if you can, and put measure as a filter in it. 

This will filter out Slicer selection upon any selection made on other visuals.

FarhanAhmed_0-1611722118867.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous please share the details of the relationship you have between the sales and calendar tables (i.e. what are the key fields being related?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

they are linked by date fields. The date in calendar and the transdate in sales.

@Anonymous add a filter to your year and/or week "slicer" to only show items when the "Sales" measure is not blank.

ebeery_0-1611959229026.png

Marco Russo had a great explanation of how/why to do this in a livestream today

https://youtu.be/76CrSzaLbYY?t=1035 

Ok @Anonymous, you're going to have to provide a little more information if we're going to be able to figure this out...

What is meant by "the year slicer still shows every week for the year"?  Can you provide a screenshot unexpected results you're seeing?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Sometimes table to slicer interaction are not on. Check that.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Also do not prefer bi-directional join. You can take a measure from fact and add a visual level filter in the week slicer for that measure is not null.

refer this example for the way, work for one slicer too -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

Anonymous
Not applicable

That video seems to be showing somethig that has been a default behaviour, when you select the year, you should only be able to select week 5 because no other weeks exist from a data perspective.

Anonymous
Not applicable

These changes make no difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.