cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egrospe17

Slicers NOT filtering data on a data card that is using a DAX formula

So i have a series of crossings data that contain various information. Data example is below. Each item belongs to a Tier. I have 3 data cards that will show the number of crossings that belong to a specific Tier. I also have a slicer that can filter the data out by City. 

I'm using the following DAX formula to calculate the count of crossings that belong to each tier and use them on each data card.

Count of Tier 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Prioritization Ranking'[DOT #]),FILTER(ALL('Prioritization Ranking'),'Prioritization Ranking'[Tier]="Tier 1"))

The challenge is when i use a slicer (or slicers), it doesn't adjust the numbers in the data cards. What am i doing wrong? HELP!!

Crossing IDCrossing NameCityTier
1234Noel RdLos AlamitosTier 1
1256Bloomfield RdLos AlamitosTier 1
1289Katella AveLong BeachTier 2
1112Elm StAnaheimTier 2
1898Ball RdAnaheimTier 3
8898Santa Ana AveSanta AnaTier 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @egrospe17 ,

For slicers and filters to affect your measure, you will need to use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL. Try it once.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @egrospe17 ,

For slicers and filters to affect your measure, you will need to use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL. Try it once.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

That worked! Thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors