Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

veronicaxge
Frequent Visitor

Slicers - Fixed position on the screen

I am building a long page where people would scroll down the page to see all the contents. However the slicers are on the top of the page, which will not be visible when people get to the bottom of the page. This means that users would need to constantly scroll back and forth in order to change the slicing on page top and then see the data viz change on page bottom. 

Is there a way to "stick" the slicers on the same position on the screen so that they won't scroll away with the page scrolling? I searched around but only found discussions about persisting the filtering options instead of persisting the actual slicer positions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @veronicaxge,

This is no possible yet, there is a feature that is going to be realesed to complement the grouping that is the scroll down within groups of filter but not sure of the date. That will allow you to have a group of visual within a reduce space but that act as a page.

For now believe your best option is to use the filter pane as your slicer appling the filter to the page or using bookmarks to show different visuals instead of going up and down the page, so you would have selection of the partly visuals that would can be toggle on or off keepin slicers in place.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
QuestioningRGC

Hi, there - have there been any updates along the lines of Slicers having a fixed position on the screen?   Thanks.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @veronicaxge 

Based on my research, It is unsupported to fix the slicers on the same position on the screen when users scroll up and down in Power BI currently. I'd like to suggest you use page level filters in filter pane, which have the same filtering effect as slicers. You may also post a new idea in Idea Forum , and add your comments there to improve Power BI for making this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @veronicaxge,

This is no possible yet, there is a feature that is going to be realesed to complement the grouping that is the scroll down within groups of filter but not sure of the date. That will allow you to have a group of visual within a reduce space but that act as a page.

For now believe your best option is to use the filter pane as your slicer appling the filter to the page or using bookmarks to show different visuals instead of going up and down the page, so you would have selection of the partly visuals that would can be toggle on or off keepin slicers in place.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi Miguel.

Do you know if there has been any update on this subject? The feature you talked about a couple years ago would be very useful to use in a report with a lot of visuals in it.

Regards.

Hi @bernardoamaral ,

This option was never release, don't know why, but believe they will not going to advance with it. 😣

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.