Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CynthiaN
Frequent Visitor

Slicers Applied to Specific Cards - Edit Interactions not working

I created a Power BI report using 4 different sets of data from excel, which were uploaded as individual tables. I created bridge tables by creating queries from each table for a given field (ie. Date), appending them together, and then removing any blanks and duplicates. I then created one to many relationships from each bridge table to each of the the 4 data tables. I then created cards for each data I want to display in the report and created slicers for each bridge table I previously created. Some of the filters are only to apply to specific cards, so I used edit interactions to unselect certain cards (clicked on the circle with a line going through it).

The problem is that even though I have unselected slicers from applying to specific cards, it still filters them. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix this to no avail. I even combined all of the data using the append feature for all 4 datasets and I still encountered the same with the slicers still applying to cards I unselected using edit interactions. Has anyone on here encountered this? If so, please share how you were able to overcome this. I'd be happy to provide more information if needed. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CynthiaN
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out on my own. Posting my solution in case it may help anyone else in the future. There were hidden filters causing the issues. I went to the menu bar at the top and selected View > Selection. A pane appeared with all of the content on the page. I looked for slicers that were hidden, based on the eye symbol towards the right of each item listed. I deleted each slicer that should not have been on the page to begin with and things started working properly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CynthiaN
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out on my own. Posting my solution in case it may help anyone else in the future. There were hidden filters causing the issues. I went to the menu bar at the top and selected View > Selection. A pane appeared with all of the content on the page. I looked for slicers that were hidden, based on the eye symbol towards the right of each item listed. I deleted each slicer that should not have been on the page to begin with and things started working properly.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CynthiaN,

Please share a pbix file with some dummy data(remove not related data and sensitive information and only keep the core fields which you used for visual design) that keep the raw table structure for test. It is hard to troubleshoot without any detailed sample data.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I can't imagine recreating all that I have done with dummy data. That would be incredibly time consuming. I've seen so many responses on here without the need for sharing the actual data of the report. I was as detailed as possible. If you cannot help me with what I have shared or without the request for more details without my sharing of data, please do not respond.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@CynthiaN it will be easier if you share pbix file and explain what is not working, remove sensitive information before sharing, and you can share using one drive/google drive.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

All of the information is considered sensitive, which is why I was quite detailed in my post. If you can suggest any additional details I should include that would be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.