Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mvumelwano
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer

HI All

Please help, i have a date licer ,and two buttons to show and hide charts in one page.

I would like my date slicer to keep the changes i made on it as I am clicking the two buttons. is it possible ?

Kind regards

Mvumelwano

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@Mvumelwano

After my research , I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

But you can duplicate the current page and set bookmarks that one page is show charts page and another is hidden charts page.

Then set Sync slicer and use bookmark buttons to report page jump.

And it may couldn't achieve in one page by bookmark.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Mvumelwano,

I understand that you are using Bookmarks when you say 2 buttons to show and hide charts.

In Bookmarks, it is not possible to hold the selections made in the slicer when you navigate the Bookmarks. (i.e. Your Slicer will always go to the position/ reset to the position in which the bookmark was created when you toggle between them)

Hope this is clear!!!

@Thejeswar

Its possible to hold selections made in the slicer if your bookmarks are created for diferent pages. You use "Sync" when creating your slicers and default the bookmarks to change only the visual that were selected when the bookmark was created.

Visit the below link to get example

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Bi-Buttons/m-p/518055#M242225

But the challenge now is that i have everything in one page and i dont know how to sync in bookmarks instead of pages.

Kind regards

Mvumelwano

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.