Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer with position of choice to see what user has selected

Hi everyone, 

Can someone share some thoughts if below is doable or not?

I wanted to create a report with 6 visuals and a slicer with 30 measure names.

Task 1

On selection of one measure name from slicer first visual will show that measure. This part is done as I am able to display visual on the basis of user selection. ( in case of radio button, when only one option can be selected )

I used below measures to toggle selected choice by user

[SelectedMeasureFromList] =
SWITCH( TRUE(),
[MeasureSelected] = "Volume",[Volume],
[MeasureSelected] = "Revenue",[TotalRevenue],
[MeasureSelected] = "Cost",[TotalCost],
[MeasureSelected] = "Pure Margin",[TotalPureMargin],
[MeasureSelected] = "ARPU",[ARPU],
[MeasureSelected] = "AMPU",[AMPU],
[MeasureSelected] = "ACPU",[ACPU],
BLANK() )

[DisplayThisSelectedMeasure] = SELECTEDVALUE(SelectedMeasureFromList[Measure],[AMPU])

Task 2

Restrict users to select fixed number of choices from slicer, like 6 in this case? I am not able find that option?

Task 3

Upon user selection of 6 measures, all 6 visuals display those selected measures from slicer? For this task I am not able to find a way to store names of selected choices by user as they are more than one? In programming languages we use Strings where location 0, location1 .. location 5 will be stored and then used accordingly? Does that make sense and Doable?

Your input will be crucial for my application development, plesae share your thoughts.

Regards

Ali

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can't move a MEASURE to a Slicer, only COLUMNS can be used as a slicer.

If this helps please give Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11  

I have created a sample file, please see attached with two tabs available with explanation in each tab. Hope this will clear more on what I am looking for. Thanks agian for your and others support.

Community forum is not letting me attach file but it is saved at this location and can be accessed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RPYXjMx_MfVTDUa8pSI4hzp5_x0kOTLy/view?usp=sharing

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Pragati11  for prompt reply.

I may have not elaborated correctly. Let me try again 🙂

I used a table where I saved all 30 measure  names and showing all into a slicer. when user selects any measure name from slicer I hhen calculate two measures(defined below) to find out what user selected and what needs to be displayed in visual and it works perfectly toggling differnt measures in one visual.

This measure to find what user has selected from slicer ( only works for single selection not mulitple ) 

[SelectedMeasureFromList] =
SWITCH( TRUE(),
[MeasureSelected] = "Volume",[Volume],
[MeasureSelected] = "Revenue",[TotalRevenue],
[MeasureSelected] = "Cost",[TotalCost],
[MeasureSelected] = "Pure Margin",[TotalPureMargin],
[MeasureSelected] = "ARPU",[ARPU],
[MeasureSelected] = "AMPU",[AMPU],
[MeasureSelected] = "ACPU",[ACPU],
BLANK() )

This measure is used to find which measure to use to display in visual

[DisplayThisSelectedMeasure] = SELECTEDVALUE(SelectedMeasureFromList[Measure],[AMPU])

Task is to show 6 visuals on a page with option of 6 choice selection(measure names from slicer) and then display accordingly in 6 differnt visuals. Can I store slicer positions and then use that position to find out what user selected?

Also can slicer selection be restricted to use only 6 choices maximum?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Adnan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.