Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer with multiple fields with single selection option

Hi,

I am using the slicer with multi fields, ex: Field_A & Field_B using the powerbi slicer using the hierarchy type functionality with single select option. As i dont want the user to do multi selection on the values. I am facing an issue when i select a value from Field_A it is by default picking up both the child values from Field_B instead of 1 value.

Field_A and Field_B in Slicer:

--------------------------------

A

B

If i select B, it is picking up both 3 and 4 instead of 1 value (say either 3 or 4). Is there any way to restrict this behaviour.

7 REPLIES 7
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

From what i can tell the single select only affects the top layer of the standard slicer. I belive your best bet is to look towards the custom visuals as there might be one there that meets your requirements. As this is core visual functionality I can't think of any homemade dax workaround either... 

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked for the custom visuals, i could see the relevant one is a hierarchial slicer which also behaves on the same way. Let me know any other options are available to achieve this.

HI  @Anonymous 

To my knowledge, there is no slicer could meet your requirement for now,

For a workaround, you could use custom visual: hierarchy slicer then set single select and selection type is Leafs only.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview

5.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried this hierarchy filter with the similar setting, the issue am facing is by default it is picking 2 leaf values unless someone forcefully select one and more over this slicer is not supporting drop down option as well.

hi @Anonymous 

if so, there is no slicer could meet your requirment for now, you submit your requirement in Idea forum.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the hierarchy slicer you are mentioning, the issue am facing is for single selection. I want to enforce the user to select only one value at any point of time on the leaf node. In my case when i select B it should pick either 3 or 4 by default but it picks both value by default.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors