Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JustinDoh1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Slicer with date range (From date) not updated automatically

I  have my report scheduled to be refreshed everytday at Power Service (app.powerbi.com).

(BTW, I have posted this question previously, but I did not get the solution, so I am posting again)

But, I realized that From date at my Slicer that does not get updated automatically.

What is solution to have this From date range to be updated by itself?

To date gets updated because I slide all the way to the current date, but From date does not get updated.

Bottom are screenshots of my slicer:

JustinDoh1_0-1624926447778.png

JustinDoh1_1-1624923053703.png

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
vamsi_tiger
Frequent Visitor

HI  - i am having same issue. did you find any solution

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JustinDoh1 !

Please try switching to Relative date slicer mode;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range 

Seems you are looking for something like, Last 7 or 30 days to be your date range. You can use relative date slicer for that purpose.

Regards,

Hasham 

@HashamNiaz I just updated the image on my original post.

Actually, I am using Relative date, and it still doe not update correctly.

Hi @JustinDoh1 !

You can change the slicer layout between (List, Dropdown, Range, Relative), see the image below. Also you can then remove visual level filter on your slicer. You need to use Date element as Date rather than Date hierarchy for this option to be visible in Date slicer. Then from slicer hearder choose the dropdown icon & change it to relative date.

Relative DateRelative Date

Regards,

Hasham

@HashamNiaz Hi Hasham,

What I am trying to do is, I would like user to use a slicer that one can insert dates like how it shows as "between", but still having the default date ranges show up for last 14 days on a regular basis. Do I have to use other way to accomplish that (how user can insert two dates)?

I am not sure what you meant by "Also you can then remove visual level filter on your slicer"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.