Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martaredondo
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer with a measure

Hi guys,

I have created a measure "Paid/Unpaid" and I want to filter the page based on that measure. Do you have any idea how can I do this? Here is the table:

Untitled.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

if you write your code like this

Paid/Unpaid =
IF (
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( table[paid] );
        FILTER ( ALL ( table ); table[subproject] = _subproject )
    )
        - CALCULATE (
            SUM ( table[unpaid] );
        ) >= 0;
    "Paid";
    "Unpaid"
)

you will sum the values for each subproject, so each subproject will have only Paid or Unpaid.

Since you have not posted the code, nor a sample file, the code above contains some guesswork. It might be more complicated than that, depending on your model and requirements. But the principle is there, you can calculate across rows for a subproject.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
IanCockcroft
Post Patron
Post Patron

Cant you use  column?

sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

First you need to create a stand-alone table with 1 column and the values Paid and Unpaid on the rows.

You can then create this measure

statusSelect =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( 'Status'[Status] );
    COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( 'Table'; SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Status'[Status] ) = [Paid/Unpaid] ) );
)

and add it to the filter section of your page. Set it to filter on statusSelect greater or equal than 1

Hey  @sturlaws ,

Thanks for your answer. I did what you suggested and it worked! The problem is, I have other visualizations like bar charts, tachometer and cards and the only one I can filter with the Unpaid/Paid measure is the bar chart.. I tried to insert the measure in the cards but it won't allow me to choose how to filter. Do you know how can I solve this?

Thanks a lot,

Marta

Does Paid/Unpaid have to be a measure? Or could it be converted to a calculated column? Unless Paid/Unpaid depends on user inputs, it could be converted to a calculated column. This will make what you want to achieve much easier, compared to setting up filters based on the measure

The problem of using a column instead of a measure is that I get repeted rows (I want to have one row by subproject):

Untitled3.png

With the measure I get the aggregate for each subproject:

Untitled2.png

This is why I would like to use measure instead of column..

if you write your code like this

Paid/Unpaid =
IF (
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( table[paid] );
    )
        - CALCULATE (
            SUM ( table[unpaid] );
        ) >= 0;
    "Paid";
    "Unpaid"
)

you will sum the values for each subproject, so each subproject will have only Paid or Unpaid.

Since you have not posted the code, nor a sample file, the code above contains some guesswork. It might be more complicated than that, depending on your model and requirements. But the principle is there, you can calculate across rows for a subproject.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.