Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer values

Hello All, Is there a way to capture values from single slicer. Example: Values in Slicer (Multi Select) Value A Value B Value C Value D and so on. User Selects Value A, Value C, and Value D. Is there a way to capture those values? Because based on user selected values, I need to pass the values to measure.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use that in another measure. But if you'd like to output the result, you need some aggregation functions. Please try this one.

Measure =
CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( Sheet1[Column1] ), [Column1], "," )

Slicer-values

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Yes, by using for example

SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Slicer]). This only works with one item selected though. It will return blank() otherwise.

If you use VALUES('Table'[Slicer]) you'll get a one-column table with the values selected in the slicer that you can then use in your measure.

Does that help? Otherwise, if you show what you want to do in your measure we could be more specific  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AIB that will not work, I'm trying to capture all the selected values from the slicer, not just one value.

@Anonymous

Sure. Like I said, VALUES('Table'[Slicer]) will get you a one-column table with the all the values selected in the slicer that you can then use in your measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that, but could not get it to work. Here is my pbix. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumyvtVXEve9jL5qyYXyHuHPeU5kZQ

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use that in another measure. But if you'd like to output the result, you need some aggregation functions. Please try this one.

Measure =
CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( Sheet1[Column1] ), [Column1], "," )

Slicer-values

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.