Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lorraine
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer updates graphs, but visuals don't update slicer

Hello!

I remember this working fine in the older versions of PowerBI, so not sure if this issue only started after I downloaded the updated version. In a report we're currently working on we have several graphs with various slicers. When we make a selection in a sliver our graphs and count updates to only show information for that selection. However, if we select one individual their total is highlighted and the other graphs and counter update, but not the slicer we have (One individual is only going to be in one of the selections, not all). I've checked the relationships and the interactions but I don't see anything that would be causing this issue. 

IA1.PNG                                  IA2.PNGIA3.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is by design.

The slicer will apply a filter to filter visual (if the interaction is turned on), but visual can't affect a slicer.

If I answer your question, please mark my post as a solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

View solution in original post

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

As tsantandreu said before.
You can also use Performance Analyzer to see the difference between the query statements

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

As tsantandreu said before.
You can also use Performance Analyzer to see the difference between the query statements

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is by design.

The slicer will apply a filter to filter visual (if the interaction is turned on), but visual can't affect a slicer.

If I answer your question, please mark my post as a solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.