Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer to remain unchanged for two related variables

Hi Everyone 🙂

I am really stuck and hoping I can get some help

I have a table of shops eg in  column A,  shops shop A and Shop B and a table called Shopping district and similiary in column A I have shops A and Shops B, so I was able to create a unique table and I can filter easily. So when I'm on the front page and I drill through on Shop A,  I get to the second page which shows me all the district information associated with Shop A.

However my problem comes when I have shop C and Shop D in the shops table, and differently this time, in the shopping district table, I have ShopCD, they aren't split into two, and the value for ShopCD is the same for both Shops C & D. So when I drill through from the front page on Shop C, I don't get any district information as the that shop is called "ShopCD"

Is there a way that when I drill through from Shop C, I get the district info associated with ShopCD, simillary if I drill through from ShopD, I get the district information for ShopD.

- I did try and duplicate the values for ShopCD and split it across Shop C and D equally, however when the user clears the filters on the drill through page, they are getting a double figure in the visuals for district info ShopCD.

Any help will be much appreaciated, I've been stuck for days 😞

Regards,

Xawu

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

One possible solution is to add a District column to your Shops table to map the Shops and Districts

eg.

Shop District
Shop A Shop A
Shop B Shop B
Shop C Shop CD
Shop D Shop CD

Then you should be able to create relationship between this new District column and your District table (assuming that there is one row per District in that table)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell

Thank you so much for your reply, the only issue with that (I should have actually put it in my question) is that the date column in each table is date time so eg 1/09/2019 11:46:23 and I have values every few seconds, the shops and districts datetime value is not necessarily the same, they are seconds out from each other so Shop C may have a value at on the 1/09/2019:11.46.23 and ShopCD will have a value at 11.46.57

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply, the only issue with that (I should have actually put it in my question) is that the date column in each table is date time so eg 1/09/2019 11:46:23 and I have values every few seconds, the shops and districts datetime value is not necessarily the same, they are seconds out from each other so Shop C may have a value at on the 1/09/2019:11.46.23 and ShopCD will have a value at 11.46.57

Sorry, but I don't really understand why this is an issue. What does the date and time have to do with this?

If you are saying that you just want to report records that happen on the same date you could split the date and time into 2 separate columns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, when so drill through to the second page it's details page, so the x-axis is datetime...we need to see the value at each timestamp, so i have to visuals set like this...one showing datetime values for shop and underneath showing the district:shop again datetime, - I don't know if I'm explaining this well (apologies in advance)

I did think of creating a measure (for district:shop...so that I can see CB) and base the measure on the selected value, so if shop C is selected in the slicer - this should show ShopCB in the district:shop visual, similarly if Shop B is selected in the slicer - this should show ShopCB - I'm not sure if this would work and I wouldn't even know how to write this...what do you think?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.