Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer to remain filtered when unhiding and hiding visuals

Hi

I have 3 buttons that represent 3 different maxtrix table views that are hidden and unhidden when respective button is selected.

But i dont understand when I select an option on a slicer, and click the button the slicer does not remained filtered for the next display of visual that i unhide and hide the previous one. How does one control this as I tried sync slicers that doesnt work when you hide and unhide visuals on the same page

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vilenm ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution to help others find it.

Best Regards,
Lucien
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vilenm ,

You could read the following article:

Hidden slicer still filters other visible visuals:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Hidden-slicer-still-filters-other-visible-visuals/td-p/1407... 

Example from the article(Just copy from the article):

The first picture is what  want.The sample with 2 bookmarks, where I hide and show Group of "Visuals in BM 1"/"Visuals in BM 2". 

v-luwang-msft_0-1619166006881.png

In reality, while I am viewing Bookmark 1, I click a button to switch to Bookmark 2, then the Country slicer (single select) will be hidden (together with the whole Group "Visuals in BM 1"). Although the Country slicer is hidden, it still affects Group "Visuals in BM 2", resulting in only 1 Country selected country in Bookmark 2. (Please see the second picture).

v-luwang-msft_1-1619166104817.png

What I did is that first, I have to make sure that in Bookmar panel, BM 1, and BM 2 have the Data, Display, and All Visual checked.

v-luwang-msft_2-1619166135861.png

Then in Group "Visuals in BM 1", I delete the Country slicer (single select). As you do with me, if you check now in Bookmark 2, you will see that the Country slicer (Multiple Select) will show all the countries (see picture below).

v-luwang-msft_3-1619166149159.png

Now you go back to Bookmark 1, create again the Country slicer (single select), put that slicer back to Group "Visuals in BM 1", then update BM 1 in the Bookmark Panel (see picture below).

v-luwang-msft_4-1619166148888.png

Now you should see the final result like the first picture.

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @vilenm ,

I'm assuming that the buttons are connected to bookmarks, you need to turn off the data option on the bookmark:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks#using-bookmarks

If this option is turn on the bookmark will save the values from when it was created and always will reset the filtering to the ones at the time of the creation.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors