Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdubs
Helper V
Helper V

Slicer to "toggle" between distinct/unique rows in a table

I have a table of phone call records and i want to be able to use a slicer to switch back and forth between ALL records and then unique records matching a single CallerID. Any way to do this?

e.g. Joe Smith called in 5 times today but I only want to count him once in a related Customer visual. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Glad to hear bookmarks will provide the functionality you need. The table with all records should be simple--just add the fields to a table visual. The table with unique customers can be achieved by creating a calculated table as follows:

= DISTINCT ( CallRecords[Customer] )

Create a table visual for unique customers using the calculated table. The toggle button (bookmarks) will enable you to display the appropriate table while hiding the other table. An alternative to the calculated table is to create a measure that counts the number of calls per customer. You could create a matrix visual for unique customers, with Customer as rows and the Count of Calls measure as values.  

If this solution resolves your issue, would you mark it as such?

Thanks and good luck!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

You may want to consider using bookmarks (see link below). It sounds as if you have two matrix visuals: one with all records, and one with distinct records. A toggle button used in conjunction with bookmarks would allow you to switch between matrix visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Ah, yes. I didn't think of bookmarks. Thanks!

Basically my data looks like this and I want two table views, one with ALL records and one where the Customer is unique.

Call 1 - Customer 1

Call 2 - Customer 2

Call 3 - Customer 1

Call 4 - Customer 3

Call 5 - Customer 2

Call 6 - Customer 1

Glad to hear bookmarks will provide the functionality you need. The table with all records should be simple--just add the fields to a table visual. The table with unique customers can be achieved by creating a calculated table as follows:

= DISTINCT ( CallRecords[Customer] )

Create a table visual for unique customers using the calculated table. The toggle button (bookmarks) will enable you to display the appropriate table while hiding the other table. An alternative to the calculated table is to create a measure that counts the number of calls per customer. You could create a matrix visual for unique customers, with Customer as rows and the Count of Calls measure as values.  

If this solution resolves your issue, would you mark it as such?

Thanks and good luck!

I should've mentioned that my Phone Calls and Customers reside in two seperate tables and I am linking them based on phone number. 

I am able to create the measure on distinct phone calls, but how would I create the measure on matching Accounts?

It's almost like I need to create a seperate table that resembles the table visual that is already doing all the matching.

Table1: CallTime, PhoneNumber

Table2: Customers, Phone Number (w/ relationship to Table1)

I would like the end result to be:

Table3: CallTime, Customer (DISTINCT)

Is this accurate?

DataInsights_0-1594682436581.png

Yes, precisely. I think I was able to achieve this by Merging the existing queries into a new table.

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to present unique customers. 

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jdubs 

I am not clear with your text description, maybe use the count(distinct) aggregation type for the values?

Could you please provide a sample data and the expected output in a table view.

Regards
Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.