Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer to filter multiple measures based on value

Hi everyone! 

I have a problem which I'm not super sure how to solve.

I would like to create a slicer that contains a range of percentages OR has the ability to say "show all values greater than 100%" (as an example). This slicer would essentially filter the "Trailing 13-Week Delta" measure shown in the screenshot below. For example, if the slicer is set to show all "Trailing 13-Week Delta" values that fall between 100% - 600%, the rows in the table would automatically filter.

The other columns shown in the screenshot are all separate measures. Is there any solution that would work to filter the rows in the table based on the percentage?

Percentage Slicer for Measures.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can add a paramater slicer to your report which will give you the slider.  Not sure of your max range but in my example I went from -200% to 600% in 10% increments.

jdbuchanan71_1-1617844128102.png

Format the field as %

Then you write a measure to compare your [Trailing 13 week delta] measure to the slicer selection.

Filter Measure = 
VAR _Selection = SELECTEDVALUE('Filter %'[Parameter])
RETURN 
IF ( [Trailing 13 week delta] >= _Selection, 1 )

It will read the slicer and return a 1 if the [Trailing 13 week delta] is >= the selection and a blank if it is < the selection.

Then you add that measure as a filter on your table visual and set it to 'Is not blank'

jdbuchanan71_2-1617844313438.png

I have attached my sample file for you to look at.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can add a paramater slicer to your report which will give you the slider.  Not sure of your max range but in my example I went from -200% to 600% in 10% increments.

jdbuchanan71_1-1617844128102.png

Format the field as %

Then you write a measure to compare your [Trailing 13 week delta] measure to the slicer selection.

Filter Measure = 
VAR _Selection = SELECTEDVALUE('Filter %'[Parameter])
RETURN 
IF ( [Trailing 13 week delta] >= _Selection, 1 )

It will read the slicer and return a 1 if the [Trailing 13 week delta] is >= the selection and a blank if it is < the selection.

Then you add that measure as a filter on your table visual and set it to 'Is not blank'

jdbuchanan71_2-1617844313438.png

I have attached my sample file for you to look at.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! This worked really well!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.