Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ibu
Frequent Visitor

Slicer to enable toggling between groups of measures in visual

I have a simple chart displaying two sales measures expressed in a currency (SUM[Sales], SUM[Budget]):

Ibu_0-1676061550227.png

I would like to have a second version of this chart displaying nearly identical sales measures, but expressed in quantity of items (SUM[Sales_Qty], SUM[Budget_Qty]). I could copy/paste the graph and have the second version use the two other measures.

Is it possible to instead keep a single graph, and have a slicer that can toggle between which set of 2 measures to display? Everything else should stay the same (x-axis, styling).

2 REPLIES 2
Ibu
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mohammed, I understood from this technique that in order to switch out 2 measures at a time, I would need a second slicer. Let me know if that's incorrect.

I considered an alternative approach:

• Creating a "Report Mode" table with rows: "Euros" and "Tons"
  • Having a slicer on those values
  • Creating "switch" measures like:
    Total Sales = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Report Mode'[Value]) = "Tons", [Total Sales in Tons], [Total Sales in Euros])
The advantage of this approach is that all those "switch" measures can be based on that single slicer.
The downside is that a common formatting style seems to be required no matter which underlying measure gets chosen. This doesn't work when the measures require different formatting styles like in my case (tons vs. euros).

Therefore I am still looking for a solution.
miTutorials
Super User
Super User

Yes this is possible using the new feature in PowerBI the Dynamic parameters.. Please watch the below video.

Display Sales or Quantity on one Single visual using a Slicer 

Regards

Mohammed Ismail

www.youtube.com/MiTutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.