Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer time line not accepting entered values

I have a simple filter that scrolls through the dates and works perfectly. However for some reason when I type in a value and press enter, it reverts back to the previous value.

On other dashboards it works fine, and all the settings seem to be okay. I under if a certain filter is causing it to revert back to its previous settings.

So just to clarify, when I move the sliding toggle to change the values it works fine, but when I type in the values and press enter it doesn’t work.

Does anybody have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems good in my test. Please refer to the flash below. The left value should be smaller than the right value, and vice versa.

Screen_Capture_10_4_2018_10_35_01_AM

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry I should have made myself more clear, I could get the slicer to work in another dashboard, it just stopped working in my current one. I'm not sure why it doesn't work, and have tried lots of different test.

I was hoping that it was something simple.

By the way how to you create the flash animation, maybe I could do that to show you what it happening when it reverts back.

Hi @Anonymous,

It's better to share the file if you can. You can delete other unrelated parts and mask the sensitive parts. 

In order to obey the IT policy, I used this one to capture the screen and convert it to WMV file then convert it to gif file online in this site.

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft, thank you for telling me how I can show you a screen capture of my issue. Sadly I am not able to upload my dashboard, but I was able to create the following gif file:

ScreenCapture_10-9-2018-9.46.39-AM.gif

You can see that the slicer or slide bar works fine. When the values change in the text box, it changes the data in a chart.

However, when I type in a number and press enter, it goes back to the previous value.

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the recording.

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you upgrade the Desktop to the latest version. It works well in my test. Please refer to the gif below. If I enter a number that exceeds the scope, it will change into the boundary value by default. This is reasonable.

Screen_Capture_10_9_2018_5_20_15_PM

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.