Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer showing first Blank value , how to remove it?

hi all,

created Countries table from my data table from within Transofrm data,

selected Country column, created lookup table with Enter data, pasted all selected rows and Removed Duplicates ... but when created a Slicer it is showing a (Blank) value at starting point (left most in Slicer), how to get rid off this value which creating problem? when checking it in Data there is No Blank value.

screenshot:

Core2Plus_0-1623315392227.png

regards

EDIT: when created Table visual for the same, it is not showing any Blank value. (updated screenshot above)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

its done, don't know what was the problem, may be some misbehaviour.

created lookup table first time, there was 7 missing entries, deleted then created 2nd time with same Data Table then there was 3 missings and now 3rd time created with same Data Table and it has all countries ... at last. thank god 🙂

please close this thread as i can't mark it as Accepted as Solution.

regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Glad you fixed the issue.

Normally there will be a blank option in a slicer. To remove it, you may just replace blank with null in the power query editor then filter to is not blank. 

V-pazhen-msft_1-1623638709610.png

V-pazhen-msft_2-1623638758489.png

For new questions, please create another new post. 

Best Regards

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

its done, don't know what was the problem, may be some misbehaviour.

created lookup table first time, there was 7 missing entries, deleted then created 2nd time with same Data Table then there was 3 missings and now 3rd time created with same Data Table and it has all countries ... at last. thank god 🙂

please close this thread as i can't mark it as Accepted as Solution.

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all,

@amitchandak @Fowmy @Ashish_Mathur @v-stephen-msft 

created and checked again 2 times with 2 different machines, the same findings. 

when creating Lookup Table from my actual Data Table column Country without scrolling it was leaving some rows but after scrolling upto the last row it is selecting all rows and no data left, all country column data selects and created Lookup Table.

Why this occurs when first we have loaded Excel file completely? is there any Memory problem? or any option/settings we have to set? My Windows 10 VM has 8 GB RAM, 100 GB HDD ( created using VMWare Workstation 16) is there any problem with VM or OS or any .Net Framework or Win 10 patch I have to install? Total no. of rows are 1162.  please help.

Core2Plus_0-1623325209531.png

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.