Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer selection not correct when opening report.

Hi All, 

I have created a report that when you open it up the data you see is being controlled by a slicer in the background which has a particular selection associated with it. 

The report should only open up with this particular slicer selection and will be consistent most of the time when a user opens up the report, however there are the rare occasions where a user opens the report and then the slicer selection has change from the one i have set it to. 

As far as i can see this error is completely random and only occurs when opening the report. 

Any insight into this issue would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, do you use Query parameter in the report?

I still have a little confused about your scenario.

Do you mean that the option is not the dafault which you set when you open the report?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry, 

Thanks for the response, no we are not using Query parameters.

The issue is when we save the report the slicer selected is on option A, when opening the report normally the page is still has option A selected. However on occasion when we open the report the slicer has changed the selection from option A to B. Meaning some on the visuals are not correct when the report opens. 

Hope this clafies the situation.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft 

Apologies for the delay response, the issue still seems to be an issue however it only seems to be an issue for certain users & workspaces. 

For example the issue was present when one user view the report in a certain workspace, however when i viewed the report in the same workspace however from a different Power BI account the issue was not present.

Thanks.

I am also facing this issue with 1 particular user as of now. This is my scenario -

1. Report A does not have Date filter, Report B has Date filter which is set to relative date of last 1 year.

2. Report A has a URL created (using DAX) which jumps to Report B bypassing a few parameters.

3. This functionality works so far for 4 users including me just fine, but for 1 user the Report B Date filters come up with a random date.

4. I have checked and confirmed multiple times his we are not passing Date in the URL at all and the fact it works for 4 other people and not for 1 person I don't think it has anything to do with URL. 

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you report saved with the slicer selected is on option A, but when you open it, the slicer option changed to be B?

If it is, that's really strange. By my test with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI 2.66.5376.2521.

If you still need help, could you please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.