Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ozcoz
Frequent Visitor

Slicer selection as a key measure

As the title states, I'm looking to create a key measure (or something similar) which filters multiple values like a slicer into a single slicer value.

I have 2 slicers, year and season (spring/autumn).  I need those filters to be active and usable as they are.

I have 2 other slicers which are both required to create a single measure.

The first slicer *EA_STATUS_NAME has 18 different fields in it, of which I only want 15 selected.  The second slicer *OPS_STATUS_NAME is similar, requiring 3 out of the 9 values.   That will be one selection, burn program, the second measure will be complete burns and will require just 3 selections from the *OPS_STATUS_NAME table.  In short, I want to see the proposed burns or the completed burns easily, as the selections will always be the same, and it would clearly be too tedious to select all of these on/off each time.  Unfortunately this level of filtering is required based on the way the database was setup.

slicer1.JPG

I have looked around at other functions like SELECTED and ALLSELECTED, but that doesn't appear to filter like I need.  I have a table already setup, and I just want to be able to see the proposed/complete burns from x year.

I'm also aware that measures cannot be added to a slicer, but there are work arounds for that.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ozcoz ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ozcoz ,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you want to create the measure based on the multiple selections in slicer?

If it is, please have a reference of the similar threads below firstly.

Pass multiple values from slicer into dax measure

Multi Select Slicer

switch measure with multiple select slicer data

If you still need help, please share soma data sample which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I want to create a measure from multiple selection sfrom a slicer.

For example, in the graphic I posted, all the selected fields from*EA_STATUS_NAME I want to be in a single selection slicer called "Completed burns".

I've looked at the other links and I can't seem to see how any of those relate to my quiery.  I'm not an expert with DAX so if you could shed some light on that it would be great.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.