Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer: selected values on top in the list

I have a slicer showing values in a list, multiple values can be selected. Since the list is very long it is hard to find out how to undo selection: a user has to scroll through the list and see what is selected. Is it possible to show selected values in the top of the list? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, I suggest you to use this customer visual "Smart filter by OKVIz"
Result:

1.PNG

Reference:https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380859?src=office&tab=Overview

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-danhe-msft

Hi,

Thank you for the tip. However, the visual has issues, or better say behavior differences, when published. I have the Smart filter up top and it overlaps several other slicers below it. Since the dropdown view is expanded up to its UI widget size in the report, i have the filter sized to be tall and overlapping several other UI elements below (slicers, etc.) and I sent it to back of the front-to-back order. This works in Power Bi Desktop and dropdown when expanded is opaque and rendered over other UI widgets. In Dashboard view however, the drop down view seems to follow front-back order and the other UI elements are rendered on top of the expanded dropdown view. Sending it to front is not an option as then you can't select any of the slicers below

Is there any way to make it work as expected in the published dashboard or is it really a deficiency of the implemented visualization and can't be changed?

Actually found out the official slicer already supports a drop down view with selections highlighted up top.

11 REPLIES 11
rjhartop
Helper II
Helper II

fatihibilici
Regular Visitor

I have same problem. My slicer contains lots of vertical list values and i need whole selected values keep always on top of list. As you can see multiple selected values on RECETE ADINA GÖRE:  are hidden in under the frame and user can't find and unselect values.

Untitled.jpg

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, I suggest you to use this customer visual "Smart filter by OKVIz"
Result:

1.PNG

Reference:https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380859?src=office&tab=Overview

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is the not exact solution for my same problem. My slicer contains lots of vertical list values and i need whole selected values keep always on top of list. As you can see multiple selected values on RECETE ADINA GÖRE:  are hidden in under the frame and user can't find and unselect values.

Untitled.jpg

@v-danhe-msft

Hi,

Thank you for the tip. However, the visual has issues, or better say behavior differences, when published. I have the Smart filter up top and it overlaps several other slicers below it. Since the dropdown view is expanded up to its UI widget size in the report, i have the filter sized to be tall and overlapping several other UI elements below (slicers, etc.) and I sent it to back of the front-to-back order. This works in Power Bi Desktop and dropdown when expanded is opaque and rendered over other UI widgets. In Dashboard view however, the drop down view seems to follow front-back order and the other UI elements are rendered on top of the expanded dropdown view. Sending it to front is not an option as then you can't select any of the slicers below

Is there any way to make it work as expected in the published dashboard or is it really a deficiency of the implemented visualization and can't be changed?

Actually found out the official slicer already supports a drop down view with selections highlighted up top.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Peter_ , could you explain how to do what you're describing using the native Power BI slicer dropdown? Thanks!

@Peter_what is the way to show up the selected values at the top?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft  Thanks, this is indeed the solution I was looking for!

kiranvijay
Frequent Visitor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kiranvijay. Thanks, but this solution only shows the selected values. I want to be able to deselected them and not to scroll through the list and then find the values that I need to deselect.

But with your solution I do can display them and that also benefits the user so he/she knows on what values the report the visuals are based. So thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.