Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIlearner
Frequent Visitor

Slicer select all default

Hello everyone, I have a simple slicer that shows list of States and I have turned on selection controls so that the user can select all values of needed by checking “Select all” option. How do I make this select all default when my manager looks at the report?Slicer.png

@Seth_C_Bauer @ankitpatira @Baskar @ImkeF @Sean @Vvelarde @tringuyenminh92

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIlearner,

It's not supported to set default values for the slicer recently. You can vote and comment on this idea which has the same requirement: Default Selected Slicer or Tile-By Value Configuration.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool My dear friend @PowerBIlearner,

1. If nothing is select in your slicer it means all are selected . Yes it will give u the all value in slicer.

My point is nothing is different between select all and nothing seleted .

or 

if u want to highlight all selected , u have select all and save the report that is the only way we have in power BI.

Right now we don't have the option default selection in power BI.

Let me know if any help

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PowerBIlearner You just need to select checkbox 'Select All' and save that report -> pin as live page -> when you share with your manager, 'Select All' would be already checked.

PowerBIlearner
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone, I have a simple slicer that shows list of States and I have turned on selection controls so that the user can select all values of needed by checking “Select all” option. How do I make this select all default when my manager looks at the report?Slicer.png

@Seth_C_Bauer @ankitpatira @Baskar @ImkeF @Sean @Vvelarde @tringuyenminh92

Hi @PowerBIleaner,

After enable multiple select, when users select nothing that means selects all. However, to show all options checked as default, you could check select all and save(Ctr + s) then publish report, it will be default ui

Unfortuantely you cannot do that. At the same time if "select all" or everything is checked, it is treated as "select all"

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

A user interface where both nothing selected and "Select All" mean the same thing WILL CONFUSE users.

An interface where nothing is selected doesn't mean "select all" would result in all your reports being completely blank by default. I feel like that would be more confusing to users...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

The user interface inconsistency should be fixed IMHO. 

If the user interface is doing a "select all" then the "select all" box should be checked.  

Default selections should be allowed that would help users get started and specify "select all" if that is what's wanted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.