Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danjana
Frequent Visitor

Slicer search box doesn't show the searched value

I can't figure out why the search function doesn't work right. I have a Slicer with text values in it. When I'm looking for an existing value, the search function doesn't find the value. There is no other filter, i tried case sensitiv - no result. I changed the Slicer from Dropdown to List - no result.

Filtering with the Filterpane on the right side worked for any reason...I checked that it's the same field.

Is anybody out there who can help me solve this Problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danjana
Frequent Visitor

I copied the slicer from an older version of the pbix file in the new version and now it works. But I couldn't say what problem was...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Abdulaziz20

I have the same problem and I can't solve it, and I tried to use the search box in another dashboard and it worked correctly I don't know why.

danjana
Frequent Visitor

I copied the slicer from an older version of the pbix file in the new version and now it works. But I couldn't say what problem was...

Hi @danjana  as i mentioned older verion before it got released in microsoft store had some issue. i have already submitted issue on this but still yet it's not yet resolved. please see my below link. copying to new version only works.

Re: Having Filter Black out in Power BI Desktop - Microsoft Power BI Community

Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

@danjana  Hi you might be using old version, please check your PBI is updated with new version which is avilable in Microsoft store.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@Naveen_SV I'm using the latest Version

danjana_0-1626158017529.png

danjana
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous 

I can't share file because it contains data from my company

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @danjana 

Can you share the PBIX file?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @danjana ,

Without looking at the actual column, it will be all guess work. As you already mentioned that No Filters are applied, so ideally the search should work as expected. Can you share the PBIX file, with that specific column and share it?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.