Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TrevLc
Advocate I
Advocate I

Slicer retains old values - I only want current values

Hi All,

I am having an issue with a slicer that has old/stale values and was hoping you could help.

I have a table with 3 dates, and these dates are dynamic based on current date (current date, current date -1 and current date -2)

These are built out in Power Query.

The report should only ever have data for the last 3 days (current day included)

When I save the desktop file and publish it to the service, the slicer (single select) has the latest value chosen, which is good. Lets just say that value is 31st March 2022.  (other values are 30/Mar/2022 and 29/Mar/2022)

In 3 days time (on 3rd April 2022), the values in the table will be 03/April/2022, 02 Apr 2022 and 01 Apr 2022.

HOWEVER, the issue is that the slicer on the service still has the original value selected from when I published the report (31 March 2022)

I want the slicer to refresh, and only have the values available from the table.

Can someone please advise how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TrevLc
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks. That is helpful, but unfortunately does not solve my problem. Hopefully that idea can be implemented, as that may solve my issue.

Instead of having a date in my slicer, I have used the word "yesterday" and "yesterday - 1" which resolves my issue even though it is not ideal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TrevLc
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks. That is helpful, but unfortunately does not solve my problem. Hopefully that idea can be implemented, as that may solve my issue.

Instead of having a date in my slicer, I have used the word "yesterday" and "yesterday - 1" which resolves my issue even though it is not ideal

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Your requirement looks similar to this Help with auto selecting latest date in date slice... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Notes from the above link

It couldn't achieve that set a default value for a slicer, becasue when you log out of Power BI and come back to a report, the same items will be selected as when you left.

here is the idea, please see detailed explanation in it:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7162004-default-selected-slicer-o...

And for those who’re looking to have a ‘latest date in date slicer’ selection, the relative date slicer might help.

Regards,

Ritesh

Please mark the answer if helpful so that it can help others as well

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.