Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Slicer "dates" not take automatically the last day in database

Hi,

I'm using a slider for Dates like this picture of today.dates.PNG

I have a datasource with daily values for lot of elements and the slicer is used for filter the dates to analyze. The problem is when  I publish the report (and configure the gateway in order to be refreshed every day) the last day of the slicer doesn't update to the last day in the database.

For example. Today i have values in the database for the 20th of August. I configure the visuals of the report an everthing and as i do today the last day in the slicer is the 20th.

I publish the report and stablish the gatewey and schedule refresh. The problem will be tomorrow when the report will be refreshed that the last day in the slicer will be the same 20th August instead of the 21th august.

Can someone helpme on that?
Regards!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have solved using the hierarchy slicer, but its like a little bug becasue if some days after the publish, the dates takes the lastest days correclty

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @dobregon

You may try to set the date slicer to relative date slicer like below:

13.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks @v-lili6-msft it is a solution for people that want to have something like "from the 1st day of the year to the last day that i have" but the problem is that I need whatever day of start date and whatever day of end date (for that I take the decission to take from date to date) but automatically i want that the end date was the last day of my datasource.

In other slicers from marketplace, if I dont push any filter the system takes everthing without filter, but in the slicer default of PowerBI I can't do that and I need it

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

any new idea? i have tried different things but don't seem to be working

Hi

I have the same problem. I need to show the scrollbar of the slicer and the calendar "since" and calendar "to" too.

I need that the bar of "Date Range" can move itself autmomatically
when I refresh dashborad to current date.
For example if Last update now is 28/09/2018 11:17:02 AM I need to see
 the bar on date 28/09/2018 automatically and not manually.
Can you give me any suggestion about? Thanks. Regards.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @salta

The only "solution" that I have found for now is to use a slicer from marketplace called "Hierarchy Slicer". In this slicer you put your list of dates (that will be increasing day by day in your database) and if you don't select any date in the slicer the system will use automatically all the dates uploaded in your datasource taking the lastest days, of course.

It is not the best solution becasue it is not easy to select from date to date but.... it is the solutions that I can tell you.

Maybe in the future (i hope) someone can give us a solution

I have that same issue with date slicers.

I have captured the query that should refresh the slicer period (you can see the query enabling PBI performance analyzer)

The final part of the query shows the dax code is correct (In my case I have 2 additional filters)

EVALUATE
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
__DS0FilterTable,
__DS0FilterTable2,
"MinOrder_Date", IGNORE(CALCULATE(MIN('Logistics Order'[Order Date]))),
"MaxOrder_Date", IGNORE(CALCULATE(MAX('Logistics Order'[Order Date])))

In my opinion there is bug with the presentation (between option)

If you are using sliders the righ side is never the maximum date

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have solved using the hierarchy slicer, but its like a little bug becasue if some days after the publish, the dates takes the lastest days correclty

i have the same issue are there any sloution please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors