Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GDanks3610
Regular Visitor

Slicer output used in equations

I am working with attrition in the medical sector, specificailly how many people a company can expect to lose per month based on state/month specific attrition rates. I want to give users the ability to either use the default percentage I recommend or choose a different one.

For example, I had thought to do a slicer that would show either the Default percentage or 30%, 40%, 50% or 60% attrition. My underlying data file originally had one % for each state and month combo. If I add different percentges and multi lines per state, Bi isnt connecting the data right since there is a now a one to many relationship between each state and multiple options for what attrition could be. 

Second part of the problem is that the percent chosen needs to feed an equation. I want the equation to automatically calculate based on the default but change if a different percentage is chose. 

Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GDanks3610,

It will be help if you share more detail information about your requirement:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

BTW, current power bi not support to use  measure as datasoruce of slicer, you can try to drag measure to visual level filter with advanced filter mode to direct filter on measure result.

Notice: please do mask on sensitive data before sharing.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.