Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer not showing text during search. Only on 'Innovative' Theme

As mentioned in the title, the slicer doesn't show the searchable text. Let me give an example. 

How do I chnage the font color of that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @apoorvu,

Sorry for delay. Please update Innovate theme file followed the below steps:

1. Rename the PBIX file from the extension of PBIX to ZIP(please backup pbix file before do this step)
  2. Copy the theme file Innovate.json into desktop        get innvoate theme file.png

3. Open the theme file and remove the following codes, save it

modify innovate theme file.jpg   

Also you can ignore the previous 3 steps, get the updated Innovate theme file from this link.

updated theme file.JPG

4. Open the previous PBIX file with Power BI desktop, and insert the theme with the modified theme file in Step 3

replace theme file.png

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Doubt.PNG

In the above image, I'm not able to see the text that I'm typing in the search field. Can't seem to figure out how to change the search bar color or the search font color.

Hi @Anonymous,

Current power bi does not support to customize search box property. I'd like to suggest you raise an idea with your comments: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

In addition, you can also change the property setting in the original theme file to ignore replace font color of the search box. Please refer to following steps to find out the theme file:

1. Rename the 'PBIX' file to 'ZIP'.

2. Extract the files and find the theme file.

1.png

3. Open theme and add 'font color' property to slicer visual, then save and replace the original file.

4. Recompress files and rename it to 'PBIX'.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft  - Thanks a lot for answering this question. 

I tried doing what you said. Maybe I got the code wrong, because the font color on the search bar of the slicer is still white.

Here is what I tried to do in the json file. 

Thanks!PBI Doubt.PNG

Hi @apoorvu,

Sorry for delay. Please update Innovate theme file followed the below steps:

1. Rename the PBIX file from the extension of PBIX to ZIP(please backup pbix file before do this step)
  2. Copy the theme file Innovate.json into desktop        get innvoate theme file.png

3. Open the theme file and remove the following codes, save it

modify innovate theme file.jpg   

Also you can ignore the previous 3 steps, get the updated Innovate theme file from this link.

updated theme file.JPG

4. Open the previous PBIX file with Power BI desktop, and insert the theme with the modified theme file in Step 3

replace theme file.png

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft  - Thanks so much! it does work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.