Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cpunnett
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer not showing all values

I have 1 simple table with about 566k rows.  One column has 3 distinct values.  I added a slicer for that column and only 1 value shows up, why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There has to be something else that's filtering it. Is there anything else on the page? Some other slicer, some other visual? Are there any page level or report level filters?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
MayYu
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem, both other states are fine, but for QLD, the value in the slicer is not show up. I cannot see any other page level nor report level filter. And there is no other hidden slicers, I already went though below step to check the hidden slicer:

Clicking the View tab at the top of the window > Checking the Selection Pane box > Clicking through each "Slicer" in the selection pane

Any other tips? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had this problem and solved it by:

Clicking the View tab at the top of the window > Checking the Selection Pane box > Clicking through each "Slicer" in the selection pane

I found that there was a hidden slicer that was preventing me from seeing all of the values in the slicer I was trying to create. Once I deleted this slicer, all of the values that I expected appeared.

Hi there. I have clicked into 'Filters On Visual' which shows x 3 I have selected. When I export, it only shows me one column which is the date range? Any help gratefully received. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thak you! You´re the best.

Thank you!!!! Just had the same problem and wasn't aware of the hidden slicers left behind when I removed other page with synced slicers. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cpunnett,

1. As suggested by @KHorseman, check if any filter in visual/page/report level. See: Visual filters, page filters, and report filters.

2. Create a calculated column like DistinctCount = DISTINCTCOUNT(<column name>) to check if the column really has 3 distinct values.

q3.PNG

3. If there are other visuals in the same report page, check if this slicer is filtered by other visuals. See: Create Complex Interactions Between Visualizations.

4. Please try to run the latest desktop version 2.49.4831.521.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I would also check if there is a relationship in data model that prevent data from displaying in the slicer.

I ran into this issue, when I tried creating new table as a solution mentioned in this post and created a relationship for new table in the data model, then I realized I accidently added a relationship in data model that prevent data from displaying in the slicer.

A distinct column shows the right numberDistinctCount.jpg

There was a custom date visual that was filtering it out and I have no idea why.  Thanks for your inputs.

If the date visual allows the user to select a range of dates, those dates could have followed a table relationship to filter out values on all the other elements on the same page.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Is anything else selected on the page that might be filtering it?

You could always create those three values in a table, relate it to your big table and then use the small table of just the three values as your slicer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I did end up adding a second table which works, and I can't figure out why only one of three values are showing up.

Might be some kind of weird bug. You could post it to the Issues forum.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

There has to be something else that's filtering it. Is there anything else on the page? Some other slicer, some other visual? Are there any page level or report level filters?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.