Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datachris3000
Frequent Visitor

Slicer not filtering date range correctly

Hi all,

I do have an issue with the date slicer and the filtering on the x-axis of my graphs. 

My date slicer doesn't work on filtering the Axis, it only filters the values. (see screenshot)

20-05-_2020_17-21-53.jpg

-> The measure I'm using is like this:

Rekl. (gew.) = SUM(Meldungen[Reklamationen])+0

-> the +0 is there, because I need to see data points with 0 complaints (=Reklamationen) as well...

I guess there is a quite easy solution for my issue.

Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Datachris3000 , if you add +0, it will become left join and all data point in the calendar will be shown.

Hi 

could you try with a measure

measure = 
var A = SUM(your sum)
Return
if(isblank(a),0,a)

I imagine that your X axis from dates are not in the same table that your values right? because if they are in the same table (dates and values) you will not have this problem. 

In any case, check your relationship between both tables

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Exactly, the values are in two different tables.

The measure itself works, but it doesn't solve the problem to filter out the values outside of the slicer date range. At least not for the 2nd visual with following measure: 

Measure 2 = Divide([Rekl. (gew.)],[Lieferungen],1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Datachris3000 ,

Can you upload your .pbix file to onedrive business and share the link with us?Do remember to cover the confidential information.

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@Datachris3000 what type of relationship you have between both tables? try to change to cross filter

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.