Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DenisRaul03
Regular Visitor

Slicer multiple selection error

Hello dear experts,

I have a litle problem with multiple selection on a slicer and I can't solve it, there's something I'm missing out.

When I try to make multiple selection on the slicer you cand see in the picture below, I get an error on the graph with message "a table of multiple values was supplied when a single value was expected". 

On the graph I'm using 4 measures which includes sum or average calculations. The 4 measures represents 4 years of data, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 and I used SWICH TRUE function with an IF to display on the graphic the selected name from the slicer. 

If i select one name and let's say all the years, on the graph I see 4 lines. Perfect. The problem is when I select with CTRL button a second name and I want to see simultaneously on the graph both of them for the 4 years, so 8 lines.

I hope to be understabdable the explanations above.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@DenisRaul03,

The reason for the issue is the measure always expect and return a single value. But here measure receives multiple values when you do multi-select. So, please do change your logic accordingly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@DenisRaul03,

The reason for the issue is the measure always expect and return a single value. But here measure receives multiple values when you do multi-select. So, please do change your logic accordingly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar issue as the original poster. But I have over 50 possible selections, how would I go about adjusting my DAX formula to allow for multiple selections? I can supply my original DAX code if you need.

Best,

Alex B.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I'm having a similar problem as the original poster where I have a Switch(True) function that inputs different values on a time series line graph based on a slicer selection. I would like to multiple select and display various selections at the same time on the graph, however I need help adjusting my DAX. Can you please show me how I should adjust for multiple selections when I have roughly 50 possible selections?

Best,

AB

OK, thank's for the help!

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@DenisRaul03,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.