Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DenisRaul03
Regular Visitor

Slicer multiple selection error

Hello dear experts,

I have a litle problem with multiple selection on a slicer and I can't solve it, there's something I'm missing out.

When I try to make multiple selection on the slicer you cand see in the picture below, I get an error on the graph with message "a table of multiple values was supplied when a single value was expected". 

On the graph I'm using 4 measures which includes sum or average calculations. The 4 measures represents 4 years of data, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 and I used SWICH TRUE function with an IF to display on the graphic the selected name from the slicer. 

If i select one name and let's say all the years, on the graph I see 4 lines. Perfect. The problem is when I select with CTRL button a second name and I want to see simultaneously on the graph both of them for the 4 years, so 8 lines.

I hope to be understabdable the explanations above.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@DenisRaul03,

The reason for the issue is the measure always expect and return a single value. But here measure receives multiple values when you do multi-select. So, please do change your logic accordingly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@DenisRaul03,

The reason for the issue is the measure always expect and return a single value. But here measure receives multiple values when you do multi-select. So, please do change your logic accordingly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar issue as the original poster. But I have over 50 possible selections, how would I go about adjusting my DAX formula to allow for multiple selections? I can supply my original DAX code if you need.

Best,

Alex B.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I'm having a similar problem as the original poster where I have a Switch(True) function that inputs different values on a time series line graph based on a slicer selection. I would like to multiple select and display various selections at the same time on the graph, however I need help adjusting my DAX. Can you please show me how I should adjust for multiple selections when I have roughly 50 possible selections?

Best,

AB

OK, thank's for the help!

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@DenisRaul03,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.