Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daniel_B
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer losing dropdown formatting when bookmark views are applied

Can't seem to find anything similar but in short, I've synced my slicers to 2 pages using the dropdown formatting and on page 2 of my report there are bookmarks which down 2 different datasets which are overlapped, however, whenever I click the image to activate the bookmark, the slicer reverts to selection formatting

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Daniel_B ,

Go to your Second or another on which slicer is not functioning well then enable again that dropdown option on slicer then Save the Bookmark on that page. 

Please don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Daniel_B ,

Go to your Second or another on which slicer is not functioning well then enable again that dropdown option on slicer then Save the Bookmark on that page. 

Please don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

@Tahreem24 - thank you so much for this

I spent the whole night trying everything but what now seems to be the most obvious reason for this not working

@Daniel_B  I am glad that I helped you! 

I will really appreciate your THUMBS UP/KUDOS for Support!

Good Luck.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Daniel_B 

Based on your description, in the Sync slicers pane, you can see that your slicer visibility and its filtration can be applied to several report pages. 

When you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility of an object (by using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or Spotlight modes of any visible object

The slicer type is determined when the bookmark is created. Whenever you click the image to activate the bookmark, the slicer keeps the state unchanged.

For further information, you may refer to the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daniel_B
Helper II
Helper II

Also, the selections are undone within the slicer when I switch between the 2 bookmarks

I've tried removing the slicer sync, leaving the formatting along and removing the relationship between the image and the slicer but nothing seems to work

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors