Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer - limit selection boxes

Hello all, 

I have a slicer as a part of my current report which lists all of a current group, ideally I would like to limit it to perhaps 4 or 5 more relevant entries with the rest hidden.

I think I could potentially do this by creating a new group and then grouping and naming the unwanted boxes as 'Other' or similar, but is there a way to just have a select 4 or 5 options presented in a slicer and the other items hidden from view? 

Thanks!

HB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - sadly, I need something that applies only to the filter (don't want to filter things out at higher levels), but will keep looking and thinking to see if I'm approaching this wrong. 

I suppose another option is to label the tags so the ones I want to appear are at the top, and then have these inside a small window so that the prefered options appear at the top and people who do scroll down will hopefully see that there's nothing of use down the list... or to have a longer version of the list and then just hide other options behind white boxes... Neither ideal if the list is too long, but may work for me. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi HawkB,

You can apply filters on the Page or Report level to restrict data of showing all. Other than this, i don't think any other option would works.

Regards,

Pradeep

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - sadly, I need something that applies only to the filter (don't want to filter things out at higher levels), but will keep looking and thinking to see if I'm approaching this wrong. 

I suppose another option is to label the tags so the ones I want to appear are at the top, and then have these inside a small window so that the prefered options appear at the top and people who do scroll down will hopefully see that there's nothing of use down the list... or to have a longer version of the list and then just hide other options behind white boxes... Neither ideal if the list is too long, but may work for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.