Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kasiaw29
Resolver II
Resolver II

Slicer is slicing data from another table.

Hi all,

Having a really funny problem going on. I have a CRM report which is looking at sales vs. targets kind of data. 

We are looking at data coming from two tables where relationships are established based on person(*-*,both ways), region(*-*,signle from targets table to crm data),sector(*-*,single from targets table to crm data) and year(*-1)

I'm using simple bar charts as client values simplicity in data they want to compare (actual performace vs. target) and everything is looking really well, data is validated with the one on the database and can confirm it's matching the expected result.

2019-03-06_16-21-12.png

Then slicing begins. I have slicers that for Year it was created, Region , Sector and Person - all from CRM data table.  When for example I slice it by Year i.e. I only want to see what was created in 2019 my targets are being sliced as well where this data shouln't get sliced at all as it's on a different table. So my card that displays e.g. sum of all tagets =1500 then gets sliced to e.g. 500 based on the slicer selection.

Has anyone ever had similar issue? 

Hope I made my issue clear enough. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kasiaw29 ,

Could you have checked if therer is any relationships between your two tables? For further help, I suggest you share your sample pbix file to have a test if possible.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Daniel  @v-danhe-msft 

Thanks a lot for replying! Please see below. Can't unfortunately share the file as its connected to Oracle. 

Highlighted relationship is *-1 with a direction from 1 to *. 

2019-03-07_09-09-05.png

Thanks,

Kasia 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.