Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phchu1226
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicer is not working on the trend axis of KPI visual

Hi,

I built a visual using KPI and I found that the slicer is not really working for the trend.

phchu1226_0-1638775206877.png

This is my slicer and I have another one for customer.

They are able to filter the indicator and the goal value and the result is correct. However, it is not able to show the trend line on the background.

The Trend axis I used is "Year" (2021,2020,..., etc), can anyone tell me what's happen on the trend line? and why the data is correct while I am using "Year" as I thought it is a little bit weird to use "Year"..

phchu1226_2-1638775413611.pngphchu1226_3-1638775433259.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @phchu1226 ,

You need at least two data points in the KPI visual to form a trend line. When you add the Year field to the Trend axis pane, there is only one data point, so there will be no trend line.

You can replace it with a date field, like this:

vkkfmsft_0-1639027358683.png

Note that the KPI indicator shows the most recent data based on the trend axis, which means that if your trend axis is daily, it will not show the YTD total even if you write a YTD measure.

vkkfmsft_1-1639027475774.png

You may have to use a combination of two KPI visuals:

vkkfmsft_2-1639027574992.png   vkkfmsft_3-1639027636400.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
phchu1226
Helper IV
Helper IV

@MFelix 

so I need to aggregate a single value on different granularities (day, month, year) first? and then the time-intelligence slicer should work after I put that aggregate value into "trend axis"?

Hi @phchu1226 ,

You need at least two data points in the KPI visual to form a trend line. When you add the Year field to the Trend axis pane, there is only one data point, so there will be no trend line.

You can replace it with a date field, like this:

vkkfmsft_0-1639027358683.png

Note that the KPI indicator shows the most recent data based on the trend axis, which means that if your trend axis is daily, it will not show the YTD total even if you write a YTD measure.

vkkfmsft_1-1639027475774.png

You may have to use a combination of two KPI visuals:

vkkfmsft_2-1639027574992.png   vkkfmsft_3-1639027636400.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-kkf-msft

That's what I want to know (is it able to use one kpi visual to show the trend line & the indicator is control by time silcer).

Now, I decided to use one kpi visual without trend and another line chart to display the data. It is great.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @phchu1226 ,

The trend axis is calculated based on the context thaty you give so in this case you are using the Year so any other detail on the calculations is not return.

On the use of year you have a single value per Year, when you go to a MTD you get a single value for a month so the granularity is not matching and not returning any values on the trend axis.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.